- - - WELCOME TO MY MIND - - -

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Tagged Again

So that's what a "meme" is. Anyway, I've been tagged again. (Thanks a lot, Lillie ...I'm telling the Big Guy about this.)

I was tagged once before where I got to make up my own [10] topics. This has a preset (a - z) topic list, so okay, I'll go 'round one more time.

•  accent: As soon as I open my mouth, I'm always asked, "Do you come from New York?" I still have a New Yawk accent despite having lived here for the past 34 years, and having lived there for only three. Actually, it's a New Joisey accent; they're very similar.

•  booze: Pinot Noir, or if we're talking spirits, a bourbon manhattan (straight up, hold the cherry).

•  chore I hate: Laundry (Oh why did you have to remind me.)

•  dogs/cats: Severe allergy to pet dander -- can only tolerate them for short periods. However, I identify with cats, the large jungle variety.

•  essential electronics: Any electronic "toy" eventually becomes essential. The non-essential ones are those whose purchase I've not yet been able to justify.

•  favorite perfume: Subtlety is the key. A little goes a very long way.

•  gold/silver: Keep it simple. I pity the fool who thinks an abundance of jewelry is an attractive look.

•  hometown: Philadelphia > Atlantic City > New York > San Francisco -- (San Francisco IS my hometown).

•  insomnia: Never been a problem. I can sleep anytime, anywhere. Naps have become my new favorite pastime.

•  job title: Jack of all trades, master of none ...but pretty good at several.

•  kids: Love the concept, not very interested in the physical model until they're over 30.

•  living arrangements: Okay, we're finished cuddling, now move over and let me sleep.

•  most admired trait: My humor ...but only by those who "get me".

•  number of sexual partners: It's not about quantity, (he says with a blush), it's about quality.

•  overnight hospital stays: Two! One (in 1981) too embarrassing to talk about, and the second (in 2000), a collision with a blood clot.

•  phobia: Acrophobia (fear of high places), or more accurately Catapedaphobia (fear of falling or jumping from high places).

•  quote: "Use what you can and let the rest go by."

•  religion: I understand its importance to many, but it, (the organized variety), does nothing for me. However there is my sense of spirituality which is, uhh, undefinable.

•  siblings: Biological: none. My adopted family: three. (Don't ask, it'd take much to long to explain.)

•  time I usually wake up: When the sunlight hits my face. If it's still dark, fuh-getta-bout-it.

•  unusual talent: Ability to teach myself what I need to know to do what I want to do.

•  vegetable I refuse to eat: Okra and asparagus.

•  worst habit: Always making it "about me" ...but making great strides, if not at breaking the habit, at keeping it under control.

•  exotic x-rays: MRI of my brain. They say that the brain is a "biggest" sex organ. Oh, that's, e"x"otic

•  yummy foods I make: Broccoli and potato quiche; plum and white wine soup; zucchini muffins; carob and applesauce brownies; tomato and apple chutney.

•  zodiac sign: Virgo - Born at 4:30:45 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) on September 16th, 1947 at Philadelphia General Hospital, in Philadelphia Pennsylvania, in the fourth floor maternity wing on a rainy summer afternoon, after a lengthy labor of 36 hours during which...


Lee's already been tagged, Lillie tagged me, so that leaves Gloria-jean -- You're It! I won't tag Rodney 'cuz he's on hiatus. Besides, I tagged him before. I also tagged schaumi and meander the last time, so I won't tag them again ....unless they want to play. C'mon, why not? :)
-- All non-relevant comments will be (have been) deleted!

11 Comment(s):



Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...did you tag me? how does one do this? do i just fill in my own answers to the headings?

25 May, 2006  
 


Blogger gieau_sf said...

That's all there is to it ...and then you pass on the tag :-)

25 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm salivating. You can cook for me any time, please!!

26 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plum & White Wine Soup! You have me intrigued! Is it sweet or savoury?

26 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that for someone who is serious about cooking, living in San Francisco would be awesome. I'm sure there must be an awesome variety of fresh food available.

I lived in San Francisco one summer when I was in my twenties and I must say that I have lots of fond memories. It was a great city then, and I imagine it still is.

26 May, 2006  
 


Blogger gieau_sf said...

Lillie:
....when I cook. I like to, but don't always find the time. If I had the kitchen staff to clean up after me, I'd do it much more often :)

Lee:
It's a nice soup ...I like it lightly chilled. It's sweet, but with enough of a savory element to differentiate it from a dessert.

Gary:
Yes, the availability of fresh foods is really great. Having come from the East Coast where I'd never heard of romaine lettuce, I really enjoy the assortment. I'm not that "serious" about cooking, I just like to from time to time.

26 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the west coast and the incredible produce they have !!
Great blog babe!.

27 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

"gold/silver: Keep it simple. I pity the fool who thinks an abundance of jewelry is an attractive look."

nice mr. t reference! hahahahahahaha!
love your clever answers... i was the one who tagged lillie... both of you are too creative not to be tagged!

28 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

eeeee,
36 hour labor?
Sounds like your mama told you that story a whole lot :)

ps: i might play.....

28 May, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, I will ask: tell us about your adopted family?

29 May, 2006  
 


Blogger gieau_sf said...

Snow: Ahh, someone who gets me :)

Schaumi: "Told?" More like "casually mentioned" it ...whenever I was being less than cooperative.

Lillie:
It's not that big a deal, but a bit too detailed to include in this response. Tell you what, it'll be the subject of my next mid week jibe.

29 May, 2006  
 

Post a Comment

<< Home