- - - WELCOME TO MY MIND - - -

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Midweek Jibe - Wk: 29 '06

I'm not at all fan of Martha, but I happened to catch one of her programs where she was preparing an olive/anchovy tapenade, or what she referred to as a "poor man's caviar".

First, I've never tasted caviar, so there was the aspect of curiosity. Secondly, I love anchovies. So I watched, listened, and made note of the recipe, which simply consisted of [finely] chopping and combining olives, anchovies, capers, parsley, and garlic; blending this with olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and dijon mustard; seasoning it with white pepper; and serving it on toasted french bread.

I happened to have all of the ingredients in the pantry, so I decided to give it a try. The resulting concoction was to be served as an hors d'oeuvre, but I kept sampling and sampling until it was all gone. Joseph, you weren't supposed to make a meal out of it. But, it was good.

Have a question or comment about the recipe? Take it up with Ms. Stewart.
-- All non-relevant comments will be (have been) deleted!

5 Comment(s):



Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have listed all the ingredients, now all I have to do is figure out the measurements. It sounds tasty.

13 July, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Martha is a bit of a piece of dry toast herself but boy-oh-boy does she have good taste! Peruse her magazine sometime; a whole social class that I'll never fit into but I am intrigued, nontheless...

14 July, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that sounds scrumptious. Especially with that fabulous San Francisco bread.

14 July, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog! Come back anytime...

17 July, 2006  
 


Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i miss you are you going to come back?

21 July, 2006  
 

Post a Comment

<< Home